Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

My adventures in Boracay..




My officemates and I went to Boracy last February 24- 27 2009.. It was our long awaited trip, because we have already planned for it way back October 2008.
We had a promo plane ticket from Cebu Pacific, i had my two-way ticket cost P2,905.00, while some of my friends got it at around P1,700.00. There was no regret about the price because the experience of having been at boracay was priceless..

Tuesday morning, Feb. 24'09 at around 7:30 am,My Friends and i agreed to meet at Tanza F.X terminal so that we could have our ride there on our way to NAIA terminal 3. I got to the F.X terminal first and waited for my friends. Sad to say when i got there, there was a long line of passengers waiting for a vehicle to come.. I thought that there would be no way for me and my friends to be at NAIA by 10:30 am because our flight is by 11:30 am . And so i approached the dispatcher and asked if there was an available van i could rent going to NAIA,and luckily, there was, so i waited for my six friends to come and we're ready to go. We paid the van P800.00 costing us at around P145.00 each, well it's good enough, so as to wait for the line and be late for the flight, haha, it was my first time to ride on an airplane, woohooo!!!

At the airport went to kalibo line and had our baggage check ,we also met there our three friends from manila, and my four other friends who will also be going with us. All in all we are 14 Tourists to that effect, jajaja. Our flight was delayed and we had our take off at around 12:00 noon.We arrived at Kalibo airport at around 12:55 noon , we paid the terminal fee of 200, i think it includes the environmental fee,we rented a van for 200 each (to bring us to katiclan a two hour drive from kalibo) and it inludes the fair to the ferry boat that brought us to Boracay Island. But before we rode the ferry, We had our Lunch at Andoks, i had my meal there at P80.00

When we got to Boracay Island some tourist guide went our way and give us fliers on places where we could stay. We told them that we are looking for a cheap but a good place to stay in. We rode a jeepney which cost P10.00 each to bring us to Boracay Station 3.

When we got to Station 3 we checked a place but it cost too high, so we checked the second place where the tourist guide showed us,ate fe talked to the manager and we agreed on the amount, THe Place is named as The Queens Hotel, the manager and staff were so accommodating. We had our rent there for P500.00 each for one day, which only cost me P1,500.00 for my 3 nights of stay. The room i was into is good for four persons. we had our first Dinner at D'Mall it is the famous place at Bora where you could buy all your pasalubongs , clothes and where you could find many restaurants, from flipino dishes to Japanese and many other asian cuisines.There were also a place where you could buy the biggest HAlo Halo , but we were not able to eat on it because our stomach were always full and no place for it, jaja The Shoppe was named Halowitch ( if im right).

We had our first night taking pictures on the different estaBLIShment we could see on our way to D' Mall. We ate there at Inasal, I had my Dinner there at around P135.00 Plus a Sisig which cost P125.00

We bought some stuff for pasalubong on our way back to station where our hotel is situated.

Wednesday Feb. 25,we had our first breakfast there at Andoks again,i had my breakfast there at around P75.00, then after breakfast we had our island hopping, which cost us 250 peso per head , it also includes the accessories for snorkeling..
it was so sunny and hot and the waves had my two friends got dizzy, and threw up.

We went to Magic island and stayed there for lunch, we had someone to cook our food there which we brought D' Mall talipapa after eating our breakfast, The food coast almost P1, 300.00 plus 300 for the cook , we divide it into 9 , and we just paid in small amount. That is an advantage when you go to place with many friends , you got to share with the foods and other expenses.

We also went to Crystal cove and paid P150.00 for the entrance fee.. haaay the bad part is that you can not enjoy your stay there if you don't have the money, it seems like every move , every place , you need to pay, but then it is really worth it..

After our Island hopping we went to Boracay Church at around 4:30 Pm , because it was Ash Wednesday. We paid the Tricylce P50.00 When we got to the church they were already praying the rosary in english Languange, but then after the rosary, they started the novena and i was stunned, i can't understand there dialect. My friend says it was said in bisaya, Good heavens the priest talked in english when the Mass started.. For our Dinner we ate at an ihawan place, there was no name if i am right, but they have a very tasty grilled food. I ordered inihaw na tenga at inihaw na bituka ng manok( chicken gizzarad) it was spicy and soo tasty.. I had my dinner at P65.00

Feb. 26, we thought that we will be leaving the place by ten a.m because we also wanted to stay in kalibo, but then we haven't explored the whole Bora, and we still have many things to do , so we decided to stay for another night. In the morning, we had our separate places to go to, Ate Girl and I went to D Mall talipapa to buy some pasalubong, we also ate our breakfast their, For the pasalubong i think i spend P2000.00 After buying pasalubong and we went to our hotel again and get ready for henna tattoo.. i had my henna on my back and right leg, it was a dolphin on the sun on my back shoulder, while a gecko (also known as a lizard on Boracay) on my right leg. After having our henna tattoo, we went helmet diving, it was an under water experienced i really won't forget, i saw fishes of different sizes and colors, i stayed there for only 10 moins, i guessed because i am nervous and i feel dizzy, so when i went up i threw up..Helmet Diving cost P600.00 including a cd with photos underwater.

After the helmet diving me and my friends bathed at the beach , we were so happy, happy that at last we were at Bora, ... haaaay..After Dinner at Big Mammas we stayed in our rooms and when i went out my two guy friends bought a tequilla, all of us ended in staying at the beachfront drinking tequila and sharing our stories that happened the whole day...

Feb 27, ate Lyn, me, and ate Girl had our breakfast at The Queens Hotel , my other friends had their brekfast at other place because we were only the one's who woke up late due to the othr nights hang over, haha..I had my Filipino breakfast there at P135.00

we were on our way to the airport by 10:30 a.m , we rode a fast ferry which cost 35.00 per head heading to katiclan port and then we rode a van for 200.00 each again to kalibo airport, It took us a 2 hour drive from there to the airport.We take off at around 1:00 pm and landed at NAiA airport at around 1:55 Pm...

It was really a nice and exciting trip that i won't forget, hoping that someday, me and my special someone could go there too.. haaay .. jaja

Yani's Tips;

Things to Bring on a long hour trips;

1. Rosary
2. a small pillow
3. bottle of water
4. hanky or tissue paper
5.chocolates if you get hungry easily/ other wise crackers
6. candies
7. Bubble gum (if your riding a plane)
8. wallet( includes atm, credit cards,and identification cards)

No comments: