Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Too many things to be Thankful for..

The Sentinels, my Intuit family, celebrated Thanksgiving at The Outback Steak House in Libis, Quezon City, last November 22, 2012. It was the first time that I attended a "Thanksgiving Party" as what they call it.

"Thanksgiving" is a celebration after a good harvest mostly commemorated by the Americans and Canadians. Since I work on a BPO company and our client is based in the US, it is also a holiday for us and for a job well done, client grant us a luncheon party.

The Party started at 10 am until 3 pm, since we all have different time sched. We arrived there at around 1:15 PM, I was with Ms. Appete, Jamie, and Jhen. The last two store closer were Kuya Richard and Rodolfo.

At the reception, we signed in for our name and for the raffle stub, since there was no time and the raffle was about to start, we just wrote down the oracle number without our names.

We were not able to watched other performace, since we came late, however, the best part was the singing contest, Aubrey my friend, sang "Alone" together with her girlfriend Khaye. Well, kudos to Aubrey for her super duper confidence, hehe, my dear friend Jaypee, bagged the first prize, then seconded by Gege, this guy really rock! So silent yet so talented.

Well, for the place, I can say that it was a cozy place, there were lots  food on the buffet area, but since we were late the chicken quezadilla has no cheeze anymore ,only the tomato paste, the pork or beef tenderloin served were on two serving dish , the fish fillet was too salty, well the pasta was superb.  On the table, there was no spoon and fork so we asked for it on the waitress, who frowns at us, the other waitress followed us on our table, as if spying on the food we got. I just took a photo with a friend and when I came back, my plate and food was not there anymore. So annoying.

I am not a food critic, however, I expect that the place have a great food, even the food that were served were not their best seller, also I expect that the people there were courteous, I have been into other restaurants, but I never experienced rudeness, such as frowning and spying on your plate. I though I was the only one who sensed it but also Ms. Appettie.

But hey, why would I ruin my day with those guys, there were still many things to be  thankful for.
I won the raffle and I got a small rice cooker! Yeah, I won, at first, I did not heard the number, but when I heard them counting from 1-10 and yelling forfeited, I ask for the number and oh my, it was mine, I should have included my name on the paper, but it's okay, I still got it.

Well everything went well, and the party ended up with a bang, it was really a great one and we enjoyed it! Oh by the way, we came on the party with make up, courtesy of Aster Villapando of Bakekang's House of Beauty, with her partner, Jaypee "Big Bird" Macatugal, hehe, thanks guys :D

 Photo credits to Boss Kat Tan :D
 
The Musicians of all time :D

Ms. Vicky, with the hostess Ms. Yana and host Bam



TL's and SMEs with Boss Kats
 

No comments: